Do you know what causes cellulite? It’s a common yet frustrating condition that causes dimpled skin on your thighs, hips, and buttocks. The condition is caused by the body storing excess fat around the internal organs, which causes the skin to sag. The way to get rid of cellulite is to lose weight.
But there are ways to reduce cellulite that don’t involve losing weight. You can use cellulite cream to smooth those dimples and give your skin a healthy glow. These treatments work by targeting specific areas to reduce the appearance of cellulite over time. You can buy cellulite creams from pharmacies or beauty shops or make your own.
Slimming creams, also known as weight-loss creams or fat-burning creams, are a popular way to lose weight, especially around the belly and thighs. However, you need to know a few important things about fat-burning creams before you start using them.
- First, slimming creams should be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise program.
- Second, slimming creams should not be used as a sole weight loss solution.
- Third, slimming creams should not be used if you are experiencing joint pain or other health problems.
- Finally, take care when using fat-burning creams to avoid overdoing it and hurting your body.
In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about slimming creams, including what they do, how to use them, and the best ones to use. We’ll also provide tips on how to buy the best one for your needs.
And with that and more, let’s explore all the questions you might have about fat-burning creams.
1. What Are Slimming Creams?
Slimming creams are products that are designed to target the causes of cellulite. They contain ingredients that can reduce the appearance of cellulite by targeting the underlying factors that contribute to it.
There are many types of products targeted at reducing cellulite, such as creams and lotions. However, not all these can be used together or safely applied to the skin, so consumers must do their research before buying any product.
Cellulite cream is applied on the skin and absorbed into the body, where it burns fat and prevents further lipogenesis. Lipogenesis is the formation of fat deposits in the body by converting fatty acids and glycerol into fat.
Therefore, you will need a slimming cream with ginkgo biloba as an ingredient. Gingko biloba is a famous tree with medicinal values, including preventing fat accumulation by blocking alpha receptors.
2. What Are the Ingredients in Cellulite Creams?
Many types of ingredients can be found in cellulite creams. However, some of the most common ingredients include:
- Fisetin: helps regulate obesity by targeting mTORC1 signaling. mTORC1 signaling regulates cell growth and metabolisms.
- Andiroba: works in the same way as ginkgo biloba. Andiroba disrupts enzyme activities in fat formation.
- Glycyrrhetinic acid: reduces subcutaneous fat found under the skin.
- Aminophylline: increases fat metabolism by relaxing muscles in the lungs and letting more air in.
- Bitter orange extract: contains p-synephrine, which increases fat metabolism and acts as an antioxidant.
- Cocoa: a source of vitamins and enhances blood circulation]
- Caffeine: enhances fatty cells elimination
- Raspberry ketones: increases fat breakdown and release of adiponectin hormone. People with low adiponectin levels are at higher risk of type 2 diabetes and obesity.
- Camphor: strengthens the digestive system and removes toxins from the body. Camphor also aids in limiting excess fat storage and thus preventing obesity.
- Yohimbine: yohimbine can completely block the alpha-2 adrenergic receptors in fat cells. Therefore, in theory, yohimbine can lead to increased fat loss and weight loss.
3. What Are the Different Types of Slimming Creams?
All fats are not the same. There are over six different types of fats in the human body, from brown fat, belly fat, and subcutaneous fat. Therefore, different slimming creams target different fat depending on where the fat is deposited.
a. Slimming Creams for Belly Fat
Slimming cream for belly fat acts by targeting the subcutaneous and visceral fat that makes up belly fat. The cream not only breaks down the stored adipose but also tightens the loose muscles in the stomach.
The tightening of stomach muscles coupled with light ab exercises leaves your stomach perfectly toned. Slimming cream for tummy fat can also tighten stomach skin after pregnancy. That’s why we’ve put together the Top 10 best slimming creams for belly fat. From low calorie and low fat to active and natural, these products can help you lose weight while maintaining your health.
b. Slimming Creams for Thighs and Buttocks
Thigh and buttock fat affects women more than men because of high estrogen hormone levels. As a result, more and more subcutaneous fat is deposited in the thigh and buttocks during puberty and pregnancy.
We recommend the Eveline Slim Extreme 4D Liposuction Body Serum, which helps reduce the appearance of cellulite by targeting it from a different angle. This anti-cellulite serum is formulated with a liposuction technology proven to help fight cellulite.
c. Slimming Creams for Arms
Since arm fat comprises subcutaneous fat, slimming cream for the tummy may be just as effective for the arms.
d. Weight Loss Belts with Slimming Creams
Quick weight loss, especially around the belly, can be realized by combining a weight loss belt, slimming cream, diet, and exercise. A slimming belt utilizes the power of compression to better deliver the slimming body cream while increasing water loss from the skin.
Recommended Slimming Belts:
e. Weight Loss Wraps with Slimming Creams
Like a weight loss belt, the wrap’s compression power increases perspiration and water loss from your skin.
Slimming creams, complemented with weight loss belts and wraps, gradually promote slim and toned skin.
Recommended Weight Loss Wraps:
- SHAPERX Waist Trainer Belt for Women
- Perfotek Waist Trimmer Belt and Slimmer Kit
- SEXYWG Women Sauna Shirt
f. Home-Made Slimming Creams
Can’t afford slimming cream? Don’t worry, you can make one in the comfort of your home.
You can find the ingredients at home, and the recipe is pretty simple. You need a safe body lotion, eucalyptus, lemon, and aloe vera.
- In a bowl, mix two tablespoons of aloe vera gel with ten drops of eucalyptus oil
- Then add two tablespoons of lemon juice and two cups of body lotion
- Thoroughly mix it until it becomes smooth
4. Effectiveness of Slimming Creams on Weight Loss
A 2015 study by Sang-Young Byun et al. looked into the efficiency of slimming cream containing water-soluble caffeine and xanthene. The study looked at 15 healthy women with cellulite.
The study used a slimming cream with 3.5% water-soluble caffeine and xanthenes to calculate the efficiency of slimming cream on cellulite. After six weeks of regular application of the slimming cream twice a day, the study found a significant change in test subjects’ weight.
The subjects appeared skinnier using the standard visual scale score with a 19.8% increase in score. Upper arm circumference decreased 0.8 cm while thigh circumference decreased by 0.7 cm.
The figures – 0.7 and 0.8 cm – may not seem like much; however, if you include the lack of diet or exercise in the study, it is safe to approximate much higher results if exercise is incorporated.
The study concluded the effectiveness of slimming cream in treating cellulite with no adverse side effects. However, the study did not record much change in the test individuals’ weight.
Therefore, you should not solely rely on slimming body cream for weight loss. Because as soon as you stop using it, the changes revert.
The efficiency of slimming cream is best when supplemented with diet and exercise.
5. What Should I Do If I Start Using a Fat-Burning Cream?
As stated above, the best results with slimming cream are achieved by eating healthy and exercising.
However, if even finding a few minutes for a workout is a challenge, you should not underestimate the results of healthy eating with slimming cream.
A 2011 study by B. Escudier et al. looked at the benefit of slimming cream in conjunction with dietary advice. The study looked at 50 women aged between 18-45 years. A nutritionist looked at the nutritional habits of every test subject and gave each recommendation on eating healthy.
No subject was put on a caloric restriction or deficit. Then, one of each test subjects’ thighs was treated with a slimming cream, and the other remained untreated.
The study found a significant change in cellulite appearance on both thighs. However, the treated thigh had a greater reduction in cellulite than the untreated thigh.
Therefore, when you use slimming cream such as the TNT Pro Ignite Cream, make sure to incorporate a healthy diet plan. And if you can, add some workout, even if it’s some light exercising.
6. Is Using a Fat-Burning Cream the Right Thing for Me?
Anybody can use fat-burning cream to lose weight. Everyone has their personal reasons for getting into any weight loss program. However, it is important to consult your trusted physician before applying any cream to your body.
Medical diagnosis is crucial because you might have an underlying medical condition that might worsen by introducing ingredients in slimming cream.
Pregnant women, people with skin conditions, high blood pressure, heart disease, and insomnia should not use slimming cream.
Tip: Apply some fat-burning cream on your wrist first and leave it for about 30 minutes to determine if you are allergic.
Keep the following things in mind when shopping for slimming creams:
- Check the active ingredients. The slimming cream must have essential ingredients that are scientifically proven to reduce fat levels.
- The essential ingredients should also have effective and sustained results. The side effects of the slimming cream should be tolerable.
7. How Much Should I Use a Slimming Cream?
The amount of time you use cream will depend on what you want to achieve. Do you want to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your legs, arms, abdomen, or buttocks? Or do you want to target cellulite on your hips?
It’s important to remember that the skin on your body is different, and it responds differently to different ingredients. So, the amount of time you use cream will also depend on your skin type.
The time you use cream will depend on your skin type, along with your goals. If you want to use the cream to smooth out your skin, you can use it once or twice a day. If you want to target a specific area, such as your hips, you can use the cream three times a week.
For the best results, use a cream that contains ingredients known to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
A slimming cream is not meant to be used forever. You are not supposed to use a slimming cream for over 12 weeks. Going beyond the three-month recommended period may cause itching, skin irritation, or skin infection.
8. How to Apply Slimming Cream
Applying a slimming cream depends on which part of the body you want to target. The consistency of application also plays a massive role in burning fat.
Remember, thicker cream needs to be massaged more thoroughly onto the skin until absorbed.
So here are the steps to follow when applying slimming cream to your body:
The first thing to do is always take a bath before using a slimming cream. A bath is important because it cleans your skin, opens pores, and improves blood circulation. Open pores and good blood circulation enhance the body’s absorption of the slimming cream.
How to Apply Slimming Cream on Belly
- Apply 2-3 grams of the slimming cream to your hand
- Smear the slimming cream around your navel on your belly
- Place your palms around your navel and massage the cream around until it is absorbed
- Keep the skin moist while massaging by adding more cream if it is being absorbed too quickly
- Keep massaging your intestines and stomach by moving your palms clockwise around the navel
- Repeat the clockwise massage ten times
- Wrap your waist with two layers of plastic wrap for 40-60 minutes
- Remove the wrap, and you are ready to go
How to Apply Slimming Cream on Arms
- Apply 2-3 grams of the slimming cream on your hand
- Smear the slimming cream evenly around your arms
- Slide your hands around your arm while massaging both the inside and outside of the arm
- Keep the skin moist while massaging by adding more cream if the skin becomes too dry
- Gently massage your arm by rubbing it back and forth from the palm to the shoulder delts
- Keep massaging the arm until you feel a rush of heat from the friction
- Wrap your arm with two layers of plastic wrap for 40-60 minutes
How to Apply Slimming Cream on your Legs, Thighs, and Buttocks
- Apply 4-6 grams of slimming cream from your calves to your buttocks
- Smear the slimming cream around the entirety of your leg until the cream is absorbed
- Rub your legs firmly with your hands from the calf to your buttocks
- Make sure to keep the skin moist while massaging by adding more cream if it is being absorbed too quickly
- Repeat the massage ten times
- Wrap your legs with two layers of plastic wrap for 40-60 minutes
9. Can You Use a Slimming Cream on Your Face?
Yes! There are fat-burning creams for your face that will give you that V-shaped face with a well-defined jawline. Read more about face slimming creams in this article.
There are many ways to slim one’s face: You can use face massaging tools, plastic surgery, and slimming cream. However, just like with slimming other body parts, face slimming requires a combination of different approaches.
Slimming your face will require a combination of face massages, slimming cream, and face exercises.
Applying Face Slimming Cream
Similar to the belly and arms, clean your face first. Then:
- Apply 2 – 3 grams of slimming cream on your face
- You start by massaging your temples and forehead using your fingers instead of your palms
- Gently pinch your fingers up and down your nasal bridge to shape your nose
- Glide your finger over and massage your cheekbones, jawline, and neck
- And finally, glide your fingers across your eyebrows as you finish up massaging your forehead, eyes, and face
10. What Are the Side Effects of Using Slimming Creams?
First, before purchasing a slimming cream, you should inspect the ingredients in it. The active ingredients should be approved and clinically tested to work in a peer-reviewed study.
Along with the ingredients, it should list the side effects of each slimming cream on the medical note.
While it’s true that cellulite creams can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, they may come with some unwanted side effects. Some of the most common side effects include:
- Loss of appetite
11. Are There Any Other Ways to Lose Weight That Don’t Involve Slimming Creams?
Slimming cream is just one of the many ways one can use to lose weight. Just like you cannot solely rely on slimming cream for optimal weight loss, most other fat-burning ways cannot be used alone.
Here is a list of some of the best alternatives to slimming cream:
This does not only include reducing your caloric intake but also watching what you eat. Eating healthy increases your overall physical health and can prevent problems caused by obesity.
b. Working Out
Nothing beats a good workout. Exercising at home or at the gym increases the calories your body ‘burns off,’ thereby reducing your weight.
c. Weight Loss Pills and Supplements
These are drugs that help you lose weight or make weight loss easier.
They mainly tend to work in three different ways: reduce the absorption of fats and other nutrients, reduce appetite, make you feel full, so you don’t take in too many calories, and increase fat burning, allowing you to burn more calories.
Yoga is linked to weight loss and weight maintenance because of the energy expenditure in the movements incorporated. Other factors that allow yoga to be a weight loss tool include encouraging more workouts by reducing joint and back pain, improving mood, elevating mindfulness, and reducing stress.
e. Drinking Dandelion Tea
Dandelion tea has been shown to remove toxins and extra water from the body.
f. Intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting is a pattern of eating that involves regular short-term fasts. During these fasts, you should consume meals within a shorter period during the day.
g. Reducing the Consumption of Sugar and Refined Carbohydrates
Sugar is definitely linked to obesity and other health complications such as diabetes. While refined, carbohydrates are highly processed foods with no fibers and other nutrients. The lack of fibers makes these foods effortlessly easy to digest. Instead, you should opt for whole-grain cereals, fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
12. Is There a Safe Way to Use Slimming Cream?
The safest way to use slimming cream is by following the guidelines of the particular slimming cream you are using.
Adhere to the following procedures and precautions to avoid any complications in the future:
- Appropriately use the slimming cream by sticking to the recommended dosage
- Do not use any slimming cream for over three months
- Massage is very important. Do not just smear the slimming cream and wrap it. This will reduce its effectiveness
- Only use slimming creams that are certified safe for use
- Do not go over the required dose. Most slimming creams contain caffeine. Taking too much caffeine at short intervals can make you feel restless, anxious, and exhausted
- Using too many slimming creams can cause liver problems.
- Do not apply the cream on broken skin or open wounds
13. Is There a Slimming Cream for Breasts?
There are creams that you can use on your breasts to help reduce the appearance of cellulite. You can also find a cellulite cream for breasts that will help firm up your breasts and give you the cleavage you’ve always wanted.
You should apply the cellulite cream twice every day for the best results. A breast firming cream can help give you the breasts you want without invasive surgery. Some of these creams also claim to help increase your bust size.
These creams are specifically designed for use on breasts with a high rate of cellulite. They contain anti-cellulitic ingredients that work by shrinking pores, limiting sebum production, and preventing water retention.
One of the best breast firming creams in the market is Olivia Aurora Butt and Breast Firming Cream.
14. Is Slimming Cream Safe for Breastfeeding?
Most analysis done on nursing mothers who use slimming cream found low risk to both mother and child. The ingredients in slimming cream may find their way into the mother’s bloodstream and then into the baby via breast milk.
However, the side effects on babies are minor, especially if the slimming cream mainly uses plant extracts. And the effect is even more moderate for the lactating mother.
However, most scientific studies into slimming cream effects on lactating mothers are based on normal dosage. Therefore, the same cannot be said for high dosages of slimming cream.
To prevent any complications, it is wise for mothers using slimming cream to monitor their child’s behavior for possible reactions.
15. How Long Does It Take for Slimming Cream to Work?
Fat-burning cream is a fast-acting compound that starts working as soon as it’s absorbed into the skin. Immediately after application, you might feel a hot and itchy feeling. This is how you know it is working, and the feeling should subside.
After the first day, you might feel the heat, burn, or sweating in the applied area. And in the first week, with consistent use of the slimming cream, you will notice some significant changes in weight loss.
Additionally, the fat-burning process continues as you apply more cream until your dosage is done.
However, the results from fast-acting slimming body creams are only temporary. As soon as you stop using them, the weight gain comes back. Therefore, incorporating regular exercise and supplementing a healthy diet habit is a sure way to achieve long-term results.
16. Slimming Cream Before and After
The above image shows the effect of using slimming cream on cellulite. The pictures of the subject were taken at the start of the experiment (V1), after three weeks (V2), and at the end of the experiment (V3).
It is clear from the image that the appearance of cellulite is significantly reduced after using a slimming cream. While the photos show no significant weight change, cellulite loss represents a loss in fat and, therefore, weight.
The limitation of the above study was using only a slimming agent. The study did not incorporate healthy dieting and exercise to achieve optimum results.
17. What Is the Best Slimming Cream?
There are so many different products available on the market today. And while some are definitely better than others, it can be hard to know which one is the best fit for your specific needs.
One of the most important things to look for in your new slimming product is its ability to help you lose weight and stay in shape. Fortunately, there are plenty of options available on the market.
18. Where to Buy Slimming Cream
There are many places to purchase a slimming cream, both offline and online. You can search for cosmetics stores near you. Going to a store near you will allow you to get all your questions answered and receive additional information.
The best places to buy slimming cream online include:
Hopefully, this article has provided you with all the information required to make the right decision regarding weight-loss creams.
In conclusion, here is a quick summary of all the critical points discussed in this article:
- Slimming creams are a popular way to lose weight, but they cannot be relied upon solely
- Supplementing slimming creams with a healthy diet and physical exercise will give you optimum results
- Consult your doctor or a qualified physician before using any slimming cream
- Make sure your slimming cream contains clinically approved ingredients
- Apply slimming cream not more than twice a day
- If you are looking to lose weight in the long term, you need to choose a clinically-backed program whose primary goal is to help users
- Efficacy of Slimming Cream Containing 3.5% Water-Soluble Caffeine and Xanthenes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4466275/
- Why Does Fat Deposit on the Hips and Thighs of Women and Around the Stomachs of Men? https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-does-fat-deposit-on-t
- Fisetin Regulates Obesity By Targeting mTORC1 Signaling: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23517912
- Anatomy and Physiology of Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue by in Vivo Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy: https://portalbiocursos.com.br/ohs/data/docs/50/36-_Anatomia_e_fisiologia_do_tecido_subcutaneo.pdf
- Benefit of a Topical Slimming Cream in Conjunction With Dietary Advice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3206221
- In Vitro Predictions of Skin Absorption of Caffeine, Testosterone, and Benzoic Acid: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0273230004000145?via%3Dihub
- Efficacy of cosmetic products in cellulite reduction: A 2011 study
- Cellulite Reduction by Modified Thai Herbal Compresses: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6116069/
- Comparison of Cellulite Severity Scales and Imaging Methods: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8129470
- In vitro and in vivo Efficacy of Sulfo-Carrabiose, a Sugar-Based Cosmetic Ingredient With Anti-Cellulite Properties: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2494.2010.00593.x
- 7 Ways Dandelion Tea Could Be Good for You: https://www.healthline.com/health/ways-dandelion-tea-could-be-good-for-your