A jiggly butt is a soft, jiggling rear end that many people find attractive. Some people might call it a bubble butt because of its round and firm shape. While not all women have jiggly butts, those who do tend to love them!
Would you like to impress people with a jiggly butt? Well, it is perfectly normal. To start off, glutes are made up of fatty tissues and thick muscle tissue responsible for supporting the body and movements of the hips/ thighs.
To fully understand this anatomy, Elzanie and Borger explain the anatomy of gluteal muscles.
Having a big booty through surgery is not the only way of achieving an ideal jiggly bum. In this article, we review different sets of workouts that make the butt bigger, jiggly and envied.
Soft and Jigglish do not only mean comfortable and flattering; these two adjectives also denote the curve of your derriere. A firm bottom means having pronounced buttocks with little or no sagging, whereas a soft bottom means having more of a natural appearance and less emphasis on the lower half.
After reading this article, you will be ready to perform all of these workouts. Let us get started!
Know Your Butt
Before we get into how you can get a jiggly, round, and bigger booty, it is important to discuss the different parts of the glutes. Having knowledge of this anatomy will help do core workouts that will target glute muscles
This is the largest muscle in the glutes. It is a muscle slab that is located closer to the upper leg. The gluteus maximus is responsible for both upper and side leg movements.
For example, during thigh movements or while doing a basic squat, you can feel this muscle contract.
Known as the G-med, this muscle is located near your hip joint. When doing oblique workouts, this muscle is activated. It also runs down to the trochanter and is likely to be targeted by specific exercises such as hip thrusts.
This muscle is found in the center of anterior and inferior gluteal lines. It does the same work as the G-med, which, surprisingly, helps the knee extend and stretch out more. This muscle also helps with the rotation of the thighs.
How to Get a Jiggly Butt: 5 Exercises
1. Progressive Overload, e.g., Weighted Squats
Hate to lie to you, but you will not see much of a difference in your butt if you use the same dumbbells or kettlebells every time you do workouts to get a bigger butt.
Progressive overload for glutes is a strength-training concept that says: to get bigger and a jiggly butt, you need to continuously increase the amount of resistance that you expose your glute muscles to.
In simple words, you keep adding weight and/or reps in your workouts every time to consistently challenge your glutes.
Target location: the glutes
How to Perform a Weighted Squat
- Stand on both feet, chin up and lift any equipment of your choice while performing a squat.
- Make sure you can support the weight of the equipment.
- Remain in this position for a few seconds.
- Go back to starting position and repeat the workout.
2. Donkey Kicks
Your glutes are very strong muscles that need a lot of resistance to be challenged enough for growth. If you are a beginner who wants to get a soft jiggly butt with donkey kicks, you will have to build up a routine.
This is basically doing the same exercise every time to make movements harder for your glute muscles. You can also do this by wearing ankle weights or using the Top 10 Best Resistance Bands for Glutes.
Made from high-quality cloth and polyester, these resistance bands are made to last, which means that you never have to worry about breakage while exercising. We like these booty bands because of the anti-slip material made from the highest quality premium elastic fabrics.
These workout bands are designed to work, shape, and tone all of your glute muscles. They are made from a unique elastic material that cannot pinch your skin or roll up during almost any exercise you do. Each booty band comes with rubber grippers on the inside, which also helps to prevent slipping
Although other muscles are engaged to some extent, donkey kicks mainly target your butt. Complete beginners may be able to build muscle and enhance thighs with donkey kicks.
Apart from butt muscles, some other muscles you work out with donkey kicks include hamstrings and lower core back.
How to Perform Donkey Kicks
- Keep your hands on the grounds
- Kick your left knee backward
- Perform this workout for the other leg
- Repeat workout
There are many different types of lunges that can be used in a variety of contexts, depending on the goal(s) one wishes to achieve. There are forward lunges, reverse lunges, walking lunges, split squat/lunges, and angled/offset lunges.
To effectively sculpt a soft booty, you need to engage all three gluteal muscles. Follow this basic lunge workout to target your glutes.
Lateral Lunge (Side Lunge)
A lateral lunge is a lunging movement that targets the muscles of the hips, thighs, and glutes. It is characterized by bending at the knees while lunging to one side. This workout targets both the gluteus medius, maximus, and minimus.
To perform a lateral lunge:
- Stand with your toes pointed forward
- Step one leg out to the side as you bend the knee 90 degrees. The other leg should be in a straight position
- Push your weight off your working leg as you straighten back up into starting position
- Keep the arms relaxed by your sides while lunging, with palms facing front to back
- While lunging, keep weight on the heel of the foot that is lunging
A great workout piece of equipment that can complement a lateral lunge is the Elzxun Kettlebell. This kettlebell is designed in the most dynamic way to get your heart rate up in less time.
It features non-slip loop handles and a heavy-duty material (HDPE), all for compound exercises. In no time, you will be able to shed off extra calories, grow booty, tone muscles, increase movement, and strengthen your back muscles.
Moreso, this kettlebell is all you need to grow your booty. With just a little bit of practice, anybody can do kettlebell exercises. It is also very convenient, which means that you can do any workout anywhere, any time.
A curtsy lunge is a lunging movement that targets the muscles of the hips, thighs, and glutes. It is characterized by bending at the knees while lunging to one side and crossing the back foot behind the front leg.
This move works out the gluteus minimus more than the other two-glute muscles.
To perform a curtsy lunge:
- Start in a standing position with both feet apart
- Step the right leg back behind the body and to the left, bending both knees into a curtsy-like movement style
- The right leg should cross behind the left leg
- Push off the right leg and return to starting position
This workout targets the gluteus maximus.
- Step one leg straight back, bending both knees at a 90-degree angle
- Your left must be parallel to the ground, as your torso needs to stay upright
- Push off the back foot and return to a standing position
- Make sure to do all these lunge variations with equal reps on both sides
If you want to grow a jiggly soft butt fast, all these lunges can be done while holding the Leadnovo Dumbbell and Barbell Set to increase the resistance. Unlike some training sets, the quality of these fitness dumbbells speaks for themselves.
The equipment features a strong metal rod with a six-month warranty to back up this sentiment. The bonus is that users can add additional weights to each separate dumbbell.
4. Glute Bridge
A glute bridge is a pelvic movement that works the buttocks and hip muscles.
To do a glute bridge:
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent
- Extend your arms down by your sides and palms on the floor
- Pressing your feet into the floor or bench and keeping your shoulder rooted to the ground
- Lift your hips into the air until your body creates a straight line from your knees to your shoulders
- Squeeze your glutes at the top, hold for one to three seconds, and return to the floor. That counts as one rep
- Complete four sets of 10 to 15 reps total
To add resistance to your glutes:
- Rest a barbell straight against your pelvis
- Place your hands on the bar right on either side to keep the weight from rolling down your body.
- Take a break between sets
5. Hip Thrusts
This workout move is a famous one. You have probably seen it on your social feeds. However, to grow a bigger butt, the hip thrust needs upper back weight support, typically in the form of a barbell.
How to Perform Hip Thrusts
- Begin seated with a barbell back on your thigh resting against a bench or box, feet flat
- Rest arms on the bench for stability and root feet on the floor
- Lift both hips up until your trunk is parallel with the floor
- Squeeze your butts at the top before returning to start
- That is one rep. Aim for four sets of 10 to 115 reps
- Once you have stability, add weight by laying a barbell across your hip
Apart from working out, another critical factor to consider for growing big booty is diet.
How to Get a Jiggly Butt: Natural Foods
Include Proteins in Your Diet
To get a bigger, rounder, and jiggly bum, you must eat food high in protein. There are many ways of adding protein to your diet. One of the ways is by eating eggs, fish, beans, and lentils.
Consume Healthy Fats
The butt is covered with fatty tissue. Therefore, to grow your booty naturally, you need to increase your daily intake of healthy fatty foods. The primary sources of healthy fats to begin consuming are avocado, peanuts, and olive oil.
Avoid processed fast foods as these foods have a higher percentage of saturated fats that can trigger fat gain. Moreso, from the health perspective, it is advised to go organic to lower the chances of getting diabetes, hear-failures, and obesity.
You should consume a few carbohydrates if your goal is to get a bigger butt (not completely cut carbs out). The number of grams to consume daily should depend on your goal, fitness level, and current weight.
Vitamins and minerals are 100% highly essential for high metabolism and tissue repair. Fruits, veggies, nuts, and proteins are excellent sources of micronutrients. Since you are working out to get a big booty, adding fruits and veggies to your diet will keep you from becoming tired by increasing your energy levels.
How to Get a Smooth, Jiggly Butt without the Gym
While this may sound impossible, it is not. There are many ways how you can get a smooth and jiggly butt without going to the gym. The best way to do this is by following these steps:
Thin Your Waistline
This is a question many people ask themselves. They all want that perfect thin waist but don’t know how to get it. Despite the fact that there are many people who say that thin hips and waistlines come naturally, there are others who say you can do it with the right exercises and the appropriate diet.
Training your waist can make your butt look bigger. How? You may ask. Lili Sabri explains.
You can also get a snatched waist by wearing the Top 10 Best Shapewear for Tummy Control.
- Drink your daily protein shakes – Protein-rich foods such as eggs, chicken, salmon, beans, peas, and lean meat are great for increasing the volume of your butt muscles. Make sure that you include these in your daily diet.
- Switch up your cardio sessions – Interval training is another way to get your butt jiggly without putting too much strain on your body. You can try doing cardio while skipping weights and instead of using your own body weight to get the job done.
- Maintain your weight – It is important to maintain your weight while you are trying to get your butt jiggly. If you are too thin, then you will have an even harder time achieving the jiggly butt that you are looking for.
Change Your Workout Routine
This is a no-brainer; when you’re trying to change your bottom half, you have to first change your routine. While it may seem like a small thing, changing your routine can make a huge difference in the way that you look.
Instead of doing the same old butt-busting exercises, you can try mixing things up and switching things up to give your butt and glutes some variety. That way, you will be more likely to stick with your new routine.
When trying to change your routine, you have to be careful not to change too many things at once. It is better to change one thing at a time so that you are able to track your progress and maintain your overall fitness. You can change or modify your routine in many ways, so be sure to choose the method that best suits your lifestyle and preferences.
For example, you can change the order in which you do your exercises, change the weight you are using, or change the type of equipment that you are using. You can also try to avoid doing certain exercises that put too much strain on your body, or you can try to do them while taking breaks or modify the way that you do them.
Pro Tips for Your Butt Workout
- Don’t be afraid to mix things up – There is nothing wrong with changing it up every now and then. This is especially important when it comes to your butt exercises.
- Choose the right exercises – Butt exercises should be focused on toning and building your butt muscles. It is also important to choose exercises that do not put too much strain on your lower back.
- Keep your blood sugar levels high – If your goal is a softer, rounder bottom, then consuming some sugary foods or drinks before and after your workout is a good idea.
- Maintain your hydration levels – It is important to maintain your drink intake while you are trying to get your butt jiggly.
- Switch up your weight training routine – Switching up your routine is a good way to keep things interesting and prevent boredom from setting in. It is also a good way to change up your workouts and keep things interesting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for my buttocks to become bigger and jiggly?
The duration of your workouts, diet, and lifestyle determine factors in your quest for a bigger booty. To start seeing changes after a few months, perform movements that will activate the glute muscles, such as donkey kicks, weighted squats, and lunges. This is to also say that sleep is equally important. After intense workouts, make sure you get enough rest. This will repair the glute muscles and make them grow bigger and stronger.
Why isn’t my butt getting soft and bigger?
You may be doing wrong workouts that do not target your glute muscles. First, make sure you are incorporating regular strength training into your routine. Cardio alone will not be enough to keep your butt looking toned. Second, focus on exercises that specifically target the glutes. The glutes are the muscles in your butt, and working them will help keep your butt looking firm and sculpted.
How do I get a bigger soft jiggly butt?
Build up a workout routine. Consistency and patience are key. Avoid doing cardio as it does not activate the glute muscles. A basic workout you can start with is the squat. You can add equipment as your muscles get used to tension and intensity. Make sure you do sets and take breaks in between.
Can my butt get bigger through workouts?
No one exercise will make your butt bigger. However, by incorporating various exercises into your routine and eating a healthy diet, you can help promote muscle growth in the glutes. This, in turn, will help give your butt a more contoured appearance.
Making your buttocks soft and smooth without any exercise is not easy as it seems. You have to work out a lot for a long time and then only you can expect some results. Generally, working out is the safest way to make the butts bigger, but it is also possible with just a diet.
To make your buttocks soft and smooth, do workouts that target all three glutes, such as donkey kicks, lunges, and the famous glute bridge.
If you have any questions or comments about this article, then feel free to leave them in the comment section below!